Synod of the Northeast
We understand our Synod as a regional community of PCUSA presbyteries and their congregations committed to serving as supportive mutual partners. It is the responsibility of this regional community to walk alongside its presbyteries, offering the kinds of resourcing presbyteries are unable to provide alone. The Synod exists to serve its presbyteries through resourcing, guidance and the ability to gather partners on a larger scale. Drawing upon its regional size and diversity, the Synod provides valuable resources and opportunities for its presbyteries. The Synod also provides creative and less encumbered space for innovation. With governance simplified and without the intense relational and governance demands faced by most presbyteries, the Synod can be a place where creativity might be allowed to flourish.
Our Missional Purpose
We are a regional community of presbyteries and congregations learning to respond to God’s call to become agents of divine justice, transforming the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) in the Northeast into a community of hospitality and welcome for all. We recognize that we have not always lived into the gift of our great diversity. We have not always fully welcomed all those within the communities we serve, including people of different racial or ethnic identities, economic classes, genders, abilities, sexualities, immigration statuses, or those who are marginalized in other ways. Finding deep joy in our differences, we commit to equipping the saints for a courageous and steadfast witness of love and hope; learning, growing, worshiping and working together.
Our Twitter Posts:
- Four women leading three congregations in Puerto Rico and New York in a relationship of missional encouragement, le… https://t.co/44l2OiEgMB
- Big Tent, @Presbyterian biennial learning/worship gathering, calling for a movement from institution to mission. 10… https://t.co/ByZZYb2MeE
- Come join us April 7, 2:30pm at Iglesia Presbiteriana Príncipe de Paz for a conversation on Puerto Rico recovery wi… https://t.co/AFqaNDKzwU
- Come join us on April 6, 2:30pm at FPC Ossining for a conversation on Puerto Rico recovery work with @michellemuniz… https://t.co/QF7Fnn6u5o
- "In the aftermath of the murder of 49 Muslim worshipers in Christchurch, New Zealand," by Presbyterian Disaster Ass… https://t.co/BobIFnhgWb
- Across the region and the world, many mourn the passing to the Church triumphant of noted ecumenist, pastor, leader… https://t.co/l9lrDleoNr